Twenty Pence Gardening Tip: Easy watering for new hardy plants
Tue 03 May 2016
Most newly planted shrubs, climbers and perennials only need watering once or twice a week for the first month.
For best results...
- Fully soak plants immediately before and after planting.
- Water thoroughly once or twice a week with a watering can.
- An average 5 litre watering can is enough for 2 or 3 new plants.
- Aim the watering can straight at the roots, not the tops.
- Create a small dip or 'moat' around each plant to trap the water.